Legon Cities grabbed all the three points at El Wak Sports Stadium in match day 25 in the nation’s capital town against Medeama SC.

Coach Abdul Rabi Umar as usual, sticked with his three-back system with John Kwadwo Moosie mining the the sticks for the Yellow and Mauve boys. Young sensational defender, Umar Mohammed was handed another starting berth alongside experienced Vincent Atinga and Kofi Asmah to form the pillar at the back.

The young Medeama gaffer employed five midfielders in the middle with variations. Prosper Owusu Boakye and Michael Sefah sat in front of the defenders, pushing Kwasi Donsu, Darlington Gyanfosu- Appiah and Benjamin Abaidoo in a more advanced role to support Zakaria Mumuni and Ansu Kofi Patrick upfront.

The Tarkwa based club dominated most of the first department of the game and tried everything humanly possible to keep their lines for the first halve, with no goal being recorded.

The men in “black” however came unto the field in the second half with diabolic mindset with most of their decisions going against Medeama.

Around 56th minutes, referee Eso Do Morrison and his assistant line 2, Richard Appiah turned a blind eye to an offside situation of which Abdul Rahman (player number 19 for the home side) converted into goal. This barbaric incident wasn’t enough for the centre referee as he further awarded one of the most dubious penalties of the season for the home side, with Hans Kwofie electing himself to take the spot kick in the seventy fourth minute to gift Legon Cities a 2-0 lead over Medeama SC.

Our workaholic winger, Darlington Gyanfosu-Appiah was brought down in the 80th minute in the 18yard box of Legon Cities, winning Medeama a penalty, after the entire technical team of Medeama had earlier invaded the pitch to register their displeasure to the centre referee and the Match Commissioner, Mohammed Alhassan. Our dependable defender, Vincent Atinga did what he knows best by sending Eric Ofori Antwi to the opposite side.

Indeed, the centre referee decided to vandalize our team by cautioning five of our players with yellow cards, with all our three center backs being booked alongside midfielder, Prosper Owusu Boakye and Ansu Kofi Patrick.

However, the latter’s Kofi Patrick caution was very silly as he provoked the “wicked” referee. After Atinga’ s consolation, our players stood aloof for the home side to have a nicely calculated goal by our former player, Hans Kwofie, eight minutes to end the entire proceedings, taking the scores to 3-1 advantage the Accra based side.

Our abled captain, Joseph Tetteh Zutah and Sule Musah were introduced in the second forty five minutes. Defender Umar Mohammed was shown the marching orders for a second bookable offense which the centre referee got it right.

Nine minutes of additional time was shown of which Medeama tried to redeem their image but all efforts proved futile. The game ended in a 3-1 in favor of the Royals.

Medeama SC had no changes to their status on the Premier League ladder, 5th, with 39 points and would welcome WAFA at home on Sunday, April 24 at the Akoon Community Park in Tarkwa.

Medeama line up:
John Kwadwo Moosie
Kofi Asmah
Umar Mohammed
Vincent Atinga Addai
Prosper Owusu Boakye
Michael Sefah
Kwasi Donsu
Benjamin Abaidoo
Darlington Gyanfosu Appiah
Ansu Kofi Patrick
Zakaria Mumuni

Zutah came for Zakaria
Sule Musa replaced Michael Sefah

Unused sub
Ali Outtara
Theophilus Anoba
Yaro Ibrahim
Godfred Kwadwo Asamoah
Agyei Boakye
Ranious Alipio Junior
Kamal Anaba

Report by: Nana Effa-Asare.